Skip to main content
Coroner's Court of Western Australia
Print page
  • Small Text
  • Medium Text
  • Large Text

Do I need a lawyer?

If you are a family member or an interested party you can be represented by a lawyer if you wish. Getting some preliminary legal advice might help you decide whether you need a lawyer in court.

Family members may raise issues with the counsel or the police officer assisting the coroner who can then ask questions relevant to those issues, if appropriate, but cannot act as the family's legal representative.

Last updated: 15-Jan-2014

[ back to top ]

Home |  Privacy |  Copyright and Disclaimer
All contents copyright Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.