Requesting an Inquest

Anyone can ask the Coroner to hold an Inquest into a death. This is done by writing to the coroner, giving reasons why you believe an Inquest is necessary.

If the Coroner refuses your request, you can apply to the Supreme Court for an order that an Inquest be held.

Last updated: 15-Jan-2014

[ back to top ]